Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Meet Mr.Ingwell the New Elementary Principal

Mr. Ingwell has come a long way, from being a physical education teacher for seven years to his new job as Mineral Point Elementary School principal. He is loved by many students and staff and tries to make things sure things are best for as many people as he can. Even though he does not teach physical education anymore, he still uses his prominent role to support a positive environment and wellness for the students and staff of Mineral Point.

Mr. Ingwell loved teaching physical education because he got to interact with physical activities, play games, and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Now, he is thrilled that he gets to see all students and staff through a different lens and gets to see what happens outside of the gym. When people know Mr. Ingwell, they know him for his hard work, kind heart, and persistence to help you be your best. He is using these qualities to make the elementary school the best it can be, and he is also learning more about time management and the curriculum for all grade levels to support them to the best of his ability.

Mr. Ingwell was very excited to start his new position at the start of this year. He has set some goals to keep the school as positive and enjoyable as possible. He is also very excited to attend classes and see what the staff teaches daily. The new principal position has allowed him to make decisions outside of the physical education side of teaching and has broadened his knowledge of what happens in school. Seeing a bigger picture of the school gives him more chances to look for the best in all students and staff and allows him to make changes if needed.

Even though he got a new job, he still tries to reward kids for being physical. Mr. Ingwell and his staff continue adding new activities and programs to promote movement and exercise. He also tries to promote a positive and loving environment to make everyone feel special and included by giving high-fives and greetings as often as possible. The Mineral Point Elementary School was lucky to get such an incredible, kind, genuine, hard working, and encouraging role model for all students and staff.