Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Boys basketball Varsity

Bree Swenson

The undefeated Mineral Point basketball team went head-to-head against the Southwestern Wildcats on Thursday night. This kicked off the Pointer’s 1st conference game. The Pointers started hot with a 12-5 lead. Even with the quick start, Southwestern still stuck around as they cut it to a 5-point game, but Senior Bryce Vamsted hit a 3 to put the Pointers back up 8. The Pointer’s defense led to the offense as junior Eli Lindsey had a huge block to set up an Alex Ross 3-pointer, which put the Pointers up 11. This gave the Pointers momentum going into the half, and the Pointers didn’t look back. Senior Landon Thousand hit a 3-point shot to put the Pointers up by 11. With 5 minutes left, the Pointers kept scoring to defeat Southwestern 68-46.

On Saturday, the Pointers took on Prairie du Chien. The Pointers started with a 2-point basket by Brady Radtke. Senior Alex Ross hit a 3 Pointer to go up 5-0. The Pointers continued their run as Eli Lindsey hit a 3-point shot, to put the Pointers up 13. The Pointers defense was suffocating as Prairie du Chien didn’t score until the 7-minute mark in the 1st half. The Pointers continued to shoot it well as Alex Ross hit a 3-pointer with 2 minutes left in the 1st half. (Ross states ¨we perfected our craft in practice which led to success tonight¨) The Pointers ended the half with two made free throws by Eli Lindsey to have the Pointers go into halftime with a 26-12 lead. Eli Lindsey kicked off the 2nd half with a layup. Alex Ross stayed hot as he hit another 3-pointer to put Pointers up 23. The Pointers kept defending and ended with a win, with the final score being 68-30.

The Pointers have some upcoming rivals as they play at Boscobel on Tuesday, and then on Friday, they play the number 1 ranked team in the state, the Darlington Redbirds. It will be a battle as Mineral Point is currently ranked number 2 in the state. Both teams have yet to lose, and it is a big Conference game.