Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Mineral Point Wrestling vs. Darlington/Blackhawk.

Pointer Media

December 15, 2023

On Friday Mineral Point wrestling traveled for a dual against an impressive Darlington Blackhawk team. The dual meet was kicked off at 190 pounds where the Warbirds won by fall. Then they picked up a win by decision at 215 pounds. Matt Aruit won by fall to bring the score 6-9, still in favor of the Warbirds. The Pointers picked up two huge wins by pin from Johnny Robinson at 106 pounds and Lennon Ewert at 113 pounds. The Pointers had the lead but the Warbirds went on a hot streak winning three matches in a row two by pin and one by tech fall and found themselves up 26-18. The Pointers battled back picking up another two big pins from Cole Pautz and Roen Carey putting the Pointers up by 4. Next up, the Warbirds had 2-time returning state placer Owen Seffrood at 150 pounds. Seffrood got the lead back to the Warbirds winning by fall bringing the score to 32-30. The Warbirds had another two big back-to-back wins from Breylin Goebel and Tye Crist sealing the deal for the Warbirds with just one match to go. The Pointers did however end the night on a good note as Kade Rule continued his winning ways winning by fall and bringing the final score to 44 to 36.

The Pointers are off until December 28 and 29 when they attend the Bi-State classic, a highly competitive two-day double-elimination tournament.