Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Get to Know Mr. Hadfield

Mineral Point Middle and High School added many great new staff members this year. Mr. Hadfield was one of the many and is teaching 6-12 grade art classes while co-teaching Media 1. Mr. Hadfield is very excited to start teaching at Mineral Point because of the artistic environment. He is very open to self-exploration but also holds his students to a high standard.

While Mr. Hadfield starts his 18th teaching year, he wants to make the art program his own and give out a lot more opportunities to all students interested. He wants to bring back art shows to the school so the visual side of the art program can come back. He not only does art at school, but he also creates sculptures at home. He is currently working on building a gigantic Star Wars-themed Halloween display which he is creating for the enjoyment of himself and his family.

Getting back to his teaching career, his favorite part about being a teacher is watching a student struggle and then watching them figure it out until it clicks. He thinks the hardest part of the job is the preparation that comes with it, like cutting paper, prepping clay, and displaying artwork. That takes time and effort that sometimes is not available.

To have a good start to his day, Mr. Hadfield loves a good strong cup of coffee, some music, and kids who are open to trying new things. He loves hiking with his family, playing disc golf, and going to rock concerts with friends. Mr. Hadfield is excited to see anyone who stops into his room. He tries to have music playing as much as he can to make his space as safe and fun as possible. Stop in to meet him, even if it’s just to say hello and to see the fun, kind, and encouraging teacher Mineral Point was lucky enough to get this year.