Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Get to Know Mrs. Martin

Mineral Point Middle/High School welcomes the new business teacher, Mrs Martin. Mrs. Martin will be teaching grades 6-12 in the high school/middle school. She believes that having a positive attitude is one of the most important things in her classroom along with being a good person overall. She strives to make an impact on her students’ education by having them do more projects and activities rather than regular paperwork to assure they remember everything they learned in a more fun and efficient way. Along with that, she is the new advisor of the FBLA program. She is excited to be involved in something new and learn more about it from the students. She also hopes that her FBLA students will excel this year and have a large number of them make nationals.

Mrs. Martin has been teaching for seven years prior to coming to Mineral Point. She began teaching in 2016 in Cassville. She got her undergraduate from UW-Platteville and her Masters from UW-Whitewater. Before she began as a teacher, Mrs. Martin was an accountant for the City of Platteville. While she was working as an accountant, her old business teacher recommended her a new job opportunity as a teacher. Although it was something completely new to her, she accepted the job and went on to work at Cassville with grades 7-12. She says she wished she would have gone to school for teaching sooner after realizing she loved the job. Mrs. Martin said that she chose to come to the Mineral Point School District because of the honorable reputation the school has along with the positive environment and immense opportunities for students’ future career paths. She explained that she is really enjoying how welcoming the community is to her.

Mrs. Martin has four siblings and is the oldest of two boys and two girls. Along with that, she also has a family of her own that consists of her husband, Dave, and her two kids, Eli and Ivy. They also have a Goldendoodle named Lola. Her kids usually keep her busy with all of their sports events, but other than attending those events, she also enjoys going on bike rides with her family. Although she is often busy with her family, she still finds time to play volleyball two nights a week. Mrs. Martin is actually a former volleyball coach for DSHA in Milwaukee and a club in Waukesha. Overall, Mrs. Martin is a great addition to the Mineral Point School District! We look forward to her spreading her positivity to students and staff and helping her students learn in more exciting ways that will greatly benefit them in the future. Welcome to Mineral Point, Mrs. Martin!