Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Meet Mr. Carr

Mr.Carr was one of the many new teachers we welcomed this year to Mineral Point. He graduated From UWP and student-taught before coming back as the new athletic director. Mr. Carr is excited to make gym class fun for those who may not enjoy it while building up what was already here.

Mr. Carr was a student teacher in 2021-2022 in Mineral Point, student teaching as a Phy Ed teacher. Mr. Carr, when asked what brought him back said, “ I really loved my time here, and I knew it was going to be a great place to work, the kids and the staff, and the support that I received when I was just a student teacher was awesome, and I just knew as soon as I left, I missed being here, and if I got any opportunity to come back, then I would make sure that I would.”

When Mr. Carr first went into college he wanted to be a phy ed teacher but after a few days, he decided to change from that to undecided because he wanted something that would challenge him but still keep him involved in sports. He ended up graduating with a phy ed degree, but even though he liked the classroom, he wanted a bit more. Fortunately, a spot opened up to become the athletic director and phy ed teacher which seems to be the perfect position for him. Some goals Mr. Carr would like to achieve include building on what was already here, and making physical education fun and enjoyable for kids who may not enjoy it. He really takes pride in making the class more inclusive to athletes and non-athletes.

One of Mr.Carr’s favorite things about being a teacher is getting recognition from students. He said, “I would say when I get recognition from a student that I was able to impact them, that is probably the thing that makes me the most proud being an educator.