Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Mr. Wainwright & Mr. Austin

Mallory Gould

How’s the school year going so far? Are you already in a routine? Things are going well for Mr. Austin and Mr. Wainwright, but things are still a little stressful for them. They are still trying to get into the swing of things with all their new ideas for the school year and meetings.

Mr. Austin and Mr. Wainwright have worked for the Mineral Point School District for over a decade. Mr. Austin has worked in the school district for 12 years and has been the middle/ high school principal for 5 years. Mr. Wainwright has worked in the school district for 13 years and in the superintendent position for 6 years. Many students don’t know the differences between the jobs of the superintendent and principal. Do you know what Mr. Austin and Mr. Wainwright do?

Mr. Austin is the Mineral Point Middle and High School principal. Mr. Wainwright is the Mineral Point school district superintendent. When asked about their jobs, Mr. Austin said, “Yes, I love my job,” and Mr.Wainwright said “Yes, I absolutely love my job!”

Their jobs are very different, Mr. Austin “oversees high school and middle school students, student body, staff, and the curriculum.” On the other hand, Mr. Wainwright “works for the district, community, and all the staff.” Mr. Wainwright is also under the school board. Another difference is that Mr. Wainwright sets a budget for the district as Mr. Austin sets it for the middle and high schools.

A few similarities between their jobs are the following: they work together for students, staff, and the district, and they both want to create great experiences and opportunities for the students.

There are plans for the 2023-2024 school year including, on Mr. Wainwright’s side, “The school board will going to referendum for operating in the next 12-14 months.” On Mr. Austin’s side, “growing sources of strength, with one activity a month” and “some exciting changes taking place for the career fair in November.”

These are the things that Jerrie Jo and Mallory found out about Mr.Austin and Mr.Wainwright, so you don’t have to. Now you know the difference between them and their plans for the school year!