Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Dick McKichan Platteville CC Invite

Dick McKichan Platteville CC Invite

October 2, 2023

This past Saturday, the Dodge-Point boys and girls cross country teams took first place in the Dick McKichan Platteville Invite. Though significantly hotter than last week in Janesville, the runners were able to fight through and bring home some hardware.

The girls varsity team finished first in the large school division with all 7 of their runners placing in the top 20. Ellie Robinson took home first place honors for the second year in a row with a 18:33.7. Next came Payton Christopher (6) and Grace Wersal (8) running hand-in-hand for much of the race. Regan Schuette followed behind in 14th, Lilly Houtakker finished 18th, and Abbey Ludwig came in 20th. Annie Robinson had a DNF, but her teammates are still proud of her.

The boys varsity team also took home the trophy in the large school division with 5 of their 7 runners placing in the top 30. Layne Aurit led the team, finishing in second place. Next came Cody Yoder in 9th and Gabe Engel in 10th. This seems to be Engel’s year so far, as he has come from running 7th on varsity to 2nd/3rd. DPXC coaches and teammates look forward to seeing what he will be able to do this year. Next came Jesse Yoder in 23rd. Ethan Hook finished in 30th, Parker Owens 32nd, and Alex LaMere 36th.

On the JV side, the girls team came in first with a mere 28 points. They beat the second-place team of Sauk Prairie by 42 points. Finishing first, both on the team and overall, was Addison Christopher with a 22:12.8. Shortly after came Brienna Wasley in 2nd. Ava McDonald finished 6th, Chloe Eastman 9th, and Faye Schuette 10th. Emma Giddings was not long after in 15th, and Ava Hying trailed behind in 16th. The rest of the team finished as follows: Elodie Regnier (23), Madi Bakken (52), Hayden Bakken (61), Breken Blackford-Hesselberg (62), and Brooke Paynter (66). Olivia Wilson had a breakthrough race and earned herself a 68th place finish. Following Wilson were Jadyn Swinehart (76), Mallory Spurley (80), Reese Meudt (84), Katie Kramer (90), Alyson Melssen (103), and Brynnling Cartwright (107).

The JV boys fought hard and ended up in 9th place. Johnny Robinson had a phenomenal run, earning him 2nd overall. Next came Rhet Spurley (13), Mac Busser (40), Carson Schroeder (71), Elliot Hesseling (78), William Brainbridge (87), and Felix Wieczorek (103).

This meet was the last invite ever for seniors Grace Wersal, Regan Schuette, Madi Bakken, Alyson Melssen, Sierra Davenport, Alex LaMere, and Mac Busser. Next up for the teams is the conference meet on October 12th in Dodgeville. This will be the last meet of the season for the DP JV teams. This is the first home meet DP has run in many years and the teams are very excited to see some Pointer Nation support! Be there or be square!