Recent Results
  • Mineral Point Boys Basketball Will Play in State Championship Saturday!!!
The Student News Site of Mineral Point High School

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Pointer Media

Meet Mr.Robinson!

Meet+Mr.Robinson%21

Have you ever met someone as passionate about agriculture as Mr. Robinson? Mr. Robinson enjoys teaching various agricultural classes; being an FFA advisor, cross-country coach, and farmer; and, most importantly, being a father and husband.

After graduating from UW River Falls, Mr. Robinson got his animal science and ag education degrees. His master’s degree was from UW Platteville. Once Mr. Robinson started his student teaching path, he later discovered he wanted to be an agriculture teacher. When Mr. Robinson was asked what the easiest and most challenging part of being an Ag teacher is, he explained that “the most challenging part of being an Ag teacher is not always knowing what will happen each day.” He explained, “Yes, we have schedules, but something always tends to pop up, making changes in plans.” Mr. Robinson said the easiest part of being an Ag teacher is just teaching where he is, in Mineral Point. He enjoys that he has many amazing students, and they are usually willing to try new things, making it easier for him to teach.

When it comes to FFA in Mineral Point, Mr. Robinson is the first person that comes to mind because he is the advisor! Mr. Robinson has been around agriculture his whole life, including FFA. His older brothers and he all did FFA in high school. When Mr. Robinson went to high school in Mauston, he really liked his agriculture teacher and still talks to him to this day! FFA is always going on around the Robinson household.

Cross country is a considerable part of the Robinson family’s lives, as Mr. Robinson is a middle school coach, and since all four of his kids have done it or are doing it, it’s always going on. Mr. Robinson started running XC when he was in high school, following in his older brother’s steps. He said his brother was “really good at it. Really good.” That is what got Mr. Robinson started; now, he does it daily! Mr. Robinson loves to watch the students grow when it comes to running. As Mr. Robinson says, “10% of it is physical, and the other 90% is mental.” Running is not always just about going as fast as you can, according to Mr. Robinson.

In the end, Mr. Robison is very busy and always willing to do new things and help people along the way. Now that you know more about him, does it make you wonder as it does me, “How does he do all of that?”